Galveston Island is teeming with birds as those that wintered here prepare to fly north and we get ready for the spring migration season.
If you are curious about the many different types of winged creatures you have seen inhabiting our island over the last few months, birding might be just the hobby for you.
Here a few basic tips to get you started.
- Invest in a good pair of binoculars. You want to make sure that are getting bright and crisp pictures through your lenses.
- Pick up a field guide so that you can identify what species you are finding in your excursions.
- If you want the birds to come to you, invest in a bird feeder.
- Have your camera handy. The pictures you take can help you identify a bird, and have beautiful images to enjoy for years to come.
- Get connected with your local birding club to find out about future bird outings.